FO Alert - Soli Deo Gloria

A newly finished shawl, this is Soli Deo Gloria by Anna Victoria (By the Lily Pond Designs) using Wendy's Wonders Merino/Silk lace in Summer Sunflowers. This pattern doesn't have any repeatable sections, so it ended up a bit on the smaller side. The pattern, in fairness, did advise against using laceweight and was written for 550yds of fingering weight yarn, but it was sort of a spur of the moment choice, and I think it turned out to be a decent size.


This was my first Anna Victoria pattern, and will certainly not be my last! The pattern was unique and not completely intuitive to me, and I look forward to playing with the beautiful stitch patterns again soon! I already bought a few more of her patterns in anticipation 😊


In the meantime, I have over half a skein left on this gradient, with 2½ color transitions left, so I have cast on a Kitman Figueroa pattern, Sprout, with the leftovers! Kitman shawls are knit from the bottom up, so I started with the brown end of this skein for the bottom, which will transition to the teal and eventually from teal to the remainder of the green, depending on how much yarn it takes!





Comments